· EXTRA VIRGIN, FIRST COLD PRESSED & UNREFINED: Avohass Extra Virgin Avocado Oil is made with 30-40 premium Grade A avocados in every 16.9 oz bottle that are freshly picked and cold pressed at the peak of ripeness for a nutrient dense oil. Avohass is vibrant green in color with a slightly nutty, rich, and buttery avocado flavor. Extra Virgin is always “Unrefined” and “First Cold Pressed”.
· MINIMAL PROCESSING: Extra Virgin quality avocado oil implies that only premium, unbruised, perfectly ripe fruit can be used. No heat, chemicals or solvents are used, keeping the the original fatty acid profile intact, including heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
· NON GMO PROJECT VERIFIED & KOSHER: Our Extra Virgin Avocado Oil is Paleo, Keto, Vegan, and Whole30 compliant. Naturally gluten free, dairy free, cholesterol free and packed with heart healthy high monounsaturated fats.
· HIGH SMOKE POINT: Avohass Extra Virgin Avocado Oil is ideal for all your high heat cooking like grilling, roasting and frying up to 400F. Rich and buttery in flavor, it makes the perfect addition to all your salad dressings, dips, sauces and marinades. ”From Drizzle To Sizzle”
· VERSATILITY: Avohass Extra Virgin Avocado Oil is not only great in the kitchen but also a wonderful addition to your skin and hair care needs. Extra Virgin Avocado Oil has a natural sunscreen 8-15 SPF, is packed with Vitamin E and sterols for skin & hair repair. It is anti fungal, anti viral, anti bacterial, and has a super high absorption rate for optimal hair & skin moisturization.
International standards dictate that avocado oil meets both chemical and sensory standards to be sold as extra virgin.
The oil’s chemistry, tested in a laboratory, meets or exceeds specific parameters that indicate the careful handling and storage of the avocados and oil. No chemicals or extreme heat may be used during the extraction process.
“Extra Virgin” also denotes that the oil is free of defects of flavor or odor.
Unfortunately, many of the avocado oils which are labeled as extra virgin, virgin or refined, do not undergo any such testing.
Extra virgin avocado oil is never better than when it is first pressed, so we make sure here at Avohass that we provide the highest quality extra virgin avocado oil seasonally from California, New Zealand, and Kenya. These countries harvest their avocados at different times of the year, so we are able to always provide the freshest avocado oil to our customers.
The flavor of extra virgin avocado oil can be grassy and butter/mushroom-like. Typically it is very mild depending on the climate conditions in the year the avocados were grown & harvested. The soil makes a huge impact on the flavor of extra virgin avocado oils. For example, Avohass Kenya EVAO has really nice buttery notes, while our New Zealand and California both are a nice mix between buttery notes with an avocado finish.
Remember, high quality extra virgin avocado oil is a nutritional powerhouse!
Only extra virgin avocado oil embodies the healthy fats and antioxidants that are so universally loved about avocados themselves. Considering it’s a great source of healthy fats and nutrients — including vitamin E — studies have found extra virgin avocado oil benefits include helping with prevention of:
Products made with the oil of avocado fruit have even received prescription drug status in France because of their proven ability to counter the negative effects of arthritis.
Avohass only sells "Extra Virgin" avocado oils and every batch is third party tested. If your avocado oil is refined then leave it behind!
The Best Choice for Health and Taste
The subtle flavors of extra virgin avocado oil deliver great taste and an excellent nutrient profile that make it an enjoyable part of a healthy diet. From lowering the risk of heart disease to delivering an abundant supply of cancer-fighting antioxidants, the health benefits associated with extra virgin avocado oil continue to grow.
Dietary advice around fats in the U.S. is changing. In previous decades, Americans were encouraged to consume a low fat diet, but research has pointed to the dangers of that advice and to the health benefits of consuming specific dietary fats. Today, more Americans are heeding the advice to include more health-promoting fats in their diets such as the monounsaturated fat found in extra virgin avocado oil.
A Minimally-Processed, Whole Food
Extra virgin avocado oil is derived from the unprocessed fruit of the avocado tree. After our avocados are sun-ripened on the tree, they are hand-picked, sorted, washed, and then passed through pit and skin removers. Once the fruit is free of its skin and pit, it is malaxed (mixed) at a low temperature to begin the oil separation process. The malaxers are constantly monitored for temperature and to reduce oxidation, the fruit is only malaxed for the minimal time necessary to make extra virgin avocado oil. After malaxing, the fruit is passed through a two-part centrifuge system that separates the pulp and water from the oil. Finally, a polishing separator fines out any remaining particulates to create our smooth, emerald green extra virgin oil that is truly unique. . By contrast, canola, corn, soybean, seed and vegetable oils need to be chemically-extracted, refined, bleached and deodorized. With its minimal processing, extra virgin avocado oil is essentially a fruit juice.
Excellent Fat Profile
Extra virgin avocado oil contains uniquely high levels of oleic acid, about 75%, compared to 60% in canola and corn oils. This monounsaturated fat helps reduce overall blood cholesterol levels by lowering LDL (often referred to as “bad”) cholesterol levels in the blood while maintaining and, even increasing, HDL (often referred to as “good”) cholesterol levels.
A diet rich in monounsaturated fats, like those found in extra virgin avocado oil, olives, nuts, and seeds, plays a protective role against many diseases, including heart disease, stroke, type-2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
High in Antioxidants
One characteristic that sets extra virgin avocado oil apart from other oils is its extremely high levels of polyphenols. These compounds act as antioxidants and protect cells against unwanted inflammation and disease, including various types of cancer and atherosclerosis. Extra virgin avocado oil contains more polyphenols than other refined avocado oils that are void of antioxidants.
High levels of the antioxidant vitamin E in extra virgin avocado oil also protect cells from damaging free radicals. Vitamin E is often recommended to support skin health and reduce aging effects.
Cooking and Storage for Optimal Nutrition
By storing extra virgin avocado oil in a cool, dark place, the high nutrient levels are preserved longer. Avohass extra virgin avocado oil has a "Best By" date on the back of every bottle and we recommended using the bottle within 2 to 3 months after opening. Extra virgin avocado oil can be safely used in a wide range of cooking applications because of its high smoke point. This includes sautéing, baking, grilling, or simply drizzling over foods, it shouldn’t linger long on your kitchen shelf!
For recipes and ideas, visit our recipes section.